The perfect application of gel polish is the basis of any professional gel polish manicure. Some time ago leaving a 1mm space between cuticles was the norm. This method was supposed to prevent spilling any product on the cuticles. Indigo Nails have come up with a technique which allows you to apply the product very close to cuticles. It creates an amazing effect of a perfect surface and delays the time where overgrowth becomes visible.
Indigo Nails Gel Polishes have a thicker consistency than other popular brands. The product doesn't spill and it's easy to control in the cuticle area. A handy, broad brush helps you to get a precise and even application.
See the video featuring Agata Kaczmarek - Indigo instructor who will show you how to perform the perfect application of a gel polish using a Gel Brush.
See the tutorial:
Tips for a perfect application of gel polish:
- cuticles must be pushed away and removed with nippers or cuticle file bits
- the first layer should be very thin - the most important task is to precisely cover the entire nail plate with a layer of colour which will be the base for our manicure
- we spread the brush flat and press it gently to the surface of the nail and apply the product as close to the lash line as possible
- it's important not to touch the cuticles with a base or a colour gel polish - if this happens the place needs to be cleaned with an orange stick
- a second layer of the product should be slightly thicker to provide the desired coverage
- if you have a problem with a perfect application near the cuticles use a Master Art brush, for example 003, which will help to cover any hard to reach places with gel polish. Remember to cover an entire nail with a top coat to achieve a perfect glossy finish, apply Cleaner Super Shinee and shine it with a clean cotton swab