Baby Boomer has taken women’s hearts by storm and poses a serious threat to the seemingly immortal French manicure. Subtle character, universal colours and extremely delicate effects turned out to be the key to success. What’s so phenomenal about Baby Boomer?
The Baby Boomer effect occurs when a light, usually pink or fleshy colour or a nude shade seamlessly merges on the nail with white without a clear line between the colours. In a way, it’s a variation on the classic French manicure, which, however, is characterized by a clearly cut and precisely marked white tip. Did you know that Baby Boomer is more and more often chosen not only for a daily design, but also as a wedding manicure? We’ve prepared a step-by-step guide for you on how to get this decoration on your nails.
44,20 PLN / 7 ml
44,20 PLN / 7 ml
44,20 PLN / 8 ml
78 PLN / 15 ml
Tip! Our mineral base is perfect for Baby Boomer nail designs – available in 4 gentle shades HERE – it doesn’t require any nail polish!
Baby Boomer – step by step:
- Prepare the nails: make a manicure and apply a base e.g. universal protein base by Indigo.
- Use a dust-free cotton pad to remove the dispersion layer and matt the nail with a polishing block
- Apply 2 layers of a selected Indigo nail polish in pink, e.g. Natural, Koko Loko – possible clearances will be smoothed later on.
- Apply a small amount of Sugar Effect gel to the tip of the pink nail.
- Use an ombre sponge to mix the colours on the nail to achieve the effect of permeation. “Sponge” sideways and upwards. Important! The higher you apply Sugar Effect with the sponge, the larger the surface area of the nail will be taken by the Baby Boomer effect.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 about three times to achieve the effect with the satisfactory degree of colour saturation and permeation.
- Repeat “sponging” without applying the product to make the transition between colours as smooth as possible.
- Cover the nail design with a top recommend for bright colours, such as Wet Look, or Removable Top Pro White